MMOexp: Elden Ring Helmets vs. Berserk Helmets

[复制链接]
查看1049 | 回复0 | 2024-8-8 17:23:59 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

I'm going to combine two things in this article as I'm not able to justify making separate entries for both.Before the Eclipse accepts him into the God Hand the man once known as Griffith endures an entire an unending year of torture having a romantic relationship with the princess of an important kingdom. His tongue is severed and his skin is swollen, and all the while he's forced to wear a mask made of iron. After being saved by Guts and the fellow members from the Band of the Hawk Elden Ring Items, Griffith gradually recovers, but the mask is left to hide the scars left by his brutal encounter.

Elden Ring players have drawn parallels between Griffith's iron mask and the one of the Prisoner class players can choose from the start in the course. This isn't a 1:1 comparison though, however the eye-cover on the Prisoner's headwear neatly coincides with the fact that Berserk rarely shows a front-facing Griffith in his mask. He prefers to depict the tortured mercenary with only one eye hidden by the mask's shadow.

Furthermore, the Winged Helm worn by Elden Ring boss Malenia and eventually obtainable by players can easily be seen as an homage to a similar piece of armor Berserk antagonist-turned-ally Farnese wears during her time commanding the Holy Iron Chain Knights. Yes, this can be dismissed as both being inspired by the medieval portrayals of Valkyries but I prefer to think of them as closely connected as this is more entertaining.

Elden Ring's Greatsword vs. Berserk's Dragon Slayer

Finally, my most favorite Berserk reference in Elden Ring apart from the sword fields. Elden Ring, like previous Souls games, hides the world's building in item descriptions. It's usually the best way to understand why someone did something important or who's connected to whom It stands to be logical that homages to Berserk might be hiding away in the text for the flavor as well.

It's a lot like the comments made about Guts' Dragon Slayer in Berserk which, in the very first section of the comic is described as the "raw pile of iron" which is "much too large to be considered an actual sword." The characters are frequently blown away that Guts can hold such a weapon due its enormous size, but due to his incredible ability to cheap Elden Ring Runes, he's been able to utilize it to slash through anything that stands in his way. The two weapons are like each other, but that could be due to the fact that they're both massive swords.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则